Roger Bacon. The Philosopher’s Workshop è il sito dell’omonimo gruppo di studiosi che si propone di informare e condividere i risultati della ricerca sull’omonimo filosofo medievale.
“The philosopher’s workshop is a virtual space that aims at becoming a meeting place for scholars and interested people where we all can bring together scholarly reflections, insights, research tools and investigations about the philosopher and polymath Roger Bacon (c.1214-1292), Master of Arts and Franciscan Friar, definitely one of the most controversial, innovative, and surprising intellectual figures of the Middle Ages.”
Nel sito trovate queste interessanti risorse:
Lace: Greek OCR è la biblioteca digitale che offre la versione OCR di più di 1100 classici in lingua greca (con edizione critica). La versione OCR permette di ricercare o modificare il documento in un programma di elaborazione testi.
Nel sito trovate la lista generale dei testi presenti e degli ultimi inseriti.
NuBis è la biblioteca digitale che pubblica in rete il ricco patrimonio bibliografico della Bibliothèque interuniversitaire de la Sorbonne. Al momento sono online 40.000 immagini.
Quattro sono i grandi ambiti tematici della raccolta:
- documentazione dell’attività didattica e della storia dell’Università di Parigi
- manoscritti medievali provenienti da diversi collegi parigini
- saggi accademici
“Un axe majeur a guidé ce travail, la numérisation des sources manuscrites et imprimées de l’histoire de l’Université de Paris qui intègrent :
– de nombreux manuscrits (archives de la Faculté des arts pour les périodes médiévale et moderne, manuscrits illustrant l’histoire de l’université et des collèges qui lui étaient rattachés, cours professés au 18e, 19e et début du 20e siècle…),
– des imprimés (ouvrages historiques et sources primaires : statuts, délibérations, éditions scolaires annotées, pièces de théâtre jouées dans les collèges, poésies composées par les professeurs…)
– un riche corpus iconographique (estampes, photographies, cartes postales), relatif aux bâtiments de l’institution et à ses acteurs (scènes de cours, portraits de professeurs…).
Deux autres axes concernent les manuscrits médiévaux (dont beaucoup contiennent les grands textes de l’enseignement universitaire médiéval) ainsi que les papiers d’universitaires et d’érudits, tel le fonds Chestov (1866-1936).”
De revolutionibus è il sito che propone le immagini e il testo della copia autografa del De revolutionibus di Copernico.
“It had remained in Copernicus’ hands until his death (24 May 1543). His papers and books passed to his closest friend, Tiedemann Giese (1480-1550), a bishop in Chelmno at that time. He bequeathed his library to Warmia Chapter. However, the autograph went to the collection of George Joachim Rheticus (1514-1574), astronomer, Copernicus’ pupil. Rheticus was occupied with publishing the work of his master, but the basis for printing was not the autograph but its copy. It was also Rheticus who played the main role in spreading the thought and work of Copernicus. The autograph together with its new owner stayed for some time in Leipzig and in Cracow (about 1554 to 1574). Then it went to Kosice (Kaschau). There, after Rheticus’ death, the new owner became his pupil and colleague, Valentine Otho (about 1545 – about 1603), who took it with him to Heidelberg. After Otho’s death the autograph was bought by a professor from Heidelberg, Jakub Christmann (1554-1613). From professor’s widow the manuscript was purchased on 17 January 1614 by the famous scholar and teacher from Moravia, Jan Amos Komensky (1592-1670). May be the autograph together with Komensky came again to Poland.
It is not known what happened to it next. On 5 October 1667 the holdings of Otto von Nostitz (1608-1664) library, located in Jawor Slaski at that time were registered; the Copernicus’ autograph is entered in this inventory. Otto left his signature on the flyleaf. The Nostitz library was then moved to Prague. The autograph had stayed in the afore-said library until the end of the Second World War being used by the scholars for the research studies and publications.
In 1945 the collection of Nostitz library in Prague was nationalized by the government of the contemporary Republic of Czechoslovakia and so the Copernicus’ manuscript became part of the collection of the National Museum Library in Prague.
On 7 July 1956 the government of Czechoslovakia passed the priceless historical monument, on exchange, to the Polish nation and on 25 September 1956 it was given to Jagiellonian University in Cracow. Finally, the autograph was taken care of by the university in which Nicholas Copernicus was educated and from which he received scientific foundation for his memorable work.“
Greek Manuscripts è il portale della British Library che offre online le digitalizzazioni dei manoscritti in lingua greca, scritti a partire dal III secolo a. C. fino ai primi anni del ‘900, patrimonio della biblioteca nazionale inglese.
É possibile fare ricerche libere o navigare entro sezioni tematiche. Sono presenti anche brevi introduzioni ai materiali e video
” Many of the most famous items in the collections, such as the Golden Canon tables, the Theodore Psalter or the Aristotelian Constitution of the Athenians, are included on the site, but so are many lesser-known volumes that are of major importance in their own way.”